It was love at first sight for me and my current home. As I entered the main door, I was immediately drawn to the warmth exuded by the hardwood floor. It was so inviting and homey, that I shamelessly begged my husband to buy it at once.
Unfortunately, I learned later that hardwood woods are not discriminatory. It invites everyone and everything – people, pets, dirt, dust, mud and pet dander.
I promised my husband that I was going to keep it clean. To help me keep that promise, I counted on my BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser 33A1.
What I love about hardwood floors is that its relatively easy to maintain. Dirt is easy to spot and with the right cleaning tool, can be dealt with in an instant. I’m a working mom, so I don’t have time to clean everyday. However, I have a son who is allergic to pet dander, so above all, I need to make sure that our home is always dander-free.
This compact and lightweight vacuum was recommended by a friend who owned several cats. I was skeptical at first, but after using it for several weeks, I find that its the best vacuum for my family. It’s better than most because:
- It’s compact and lightweight. At 3.5 pounds, I can easily carry it around the house. During weekdays, I only do spot cleaning, pointing the nozzle only on the dirtied floor. Most of the time, the dirt is distributed all over the house and this vacuum lets me clean the room quickly.
- It has powerful suction. It can pick up all kinds of dirt such as food particles, dirt and mud. I regularly siphon the pet dander that our dog leaves in the sofa and carpet. It can even reach corners and clean sheets and pillows too.
- It has a long cord. I only change plugs when I leave a room.
- It has a specialized nozzle for pet hair that is flexible to use anywhere. Be that as it may, its no slacker in busting dirt and dust. As long as I do a weekly run through the house, the rest of the week it remained clean enough to receive visitors anytime.
- It’s versatile too. I use it to clean the car too! And the best thing about it is that its really cheap.
I only have one complaint with this vacuum cleaner. The learning curve for emptying the dust container is pretty steep! It took me several attempts before I could position the two part filter properly. Once I did, using it was a breeze.
Despite what some manufacturers claim, no vacuum is perfect for everyone. Every home is unique, and every family has different needs. Take my family, for example. I live in a quiet neighborhood near a wooded area with a Labrador, two toddlers one of which is allergic to pet dander, and an outdoorsy husband. While my priority is to maintain a dander-free home, I also want spanking hardwood floors. With BISSELL 33A1 Pet Hair Eraser, I can achieve both goals. It’s not a heavy-duty vacuum, but its hardworking enough.